Call for help and advice
T: 0808 168 5816
Customer Complaints Policy
To outline the process to be followed when a formal complaint is received by Origin either directly from a homeowner or end-user. This process will also be followed for any escalated complaints that are submitted into the Customer Service, Partner Services or general enquiries team.
Departments included in the scope:
- Origin Head of Department of Partner Services (Representing Customer Resolutions)
- External Partner (where required)
- Origin Service Department
- Origin Senior Management Team
- Origin Legal Representatives (where applicable)
Documents included in the scope:
- MS Teams Task
- Legal Documents as defined by the individual complaint
- HODPS: Head of Department - Partner Services
- Partner Services Head of Department to review and manage initial complaint including record log in the Origin Customer Resolutions MS Teams system.
- Origin Partner to validate claim and provide background information.
- Origin Service Team to provide technical insight and to support a site visit if needed.
- Senior Management Team to approve actions agreed where management approval is applicable.
- Legal representation to provide advice and guidelines specific to the complaint as/when required.
Customer Resolutions Records are held on a MS Teams page dedicated to all formal complaints submitted directly to Origin. Formal complaints must be submitted in writing to Origin through one of the following contact points:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Customer Resolution Team
Origin Frames Limited,
Buckinghamshire, HP12 3TA
Upon receipt, the complaint will be acknowledged as under investigation and where possible a timeline will be notified.
Complaint will follow a triage process whereby it will be determined:
- is it of a nature to warrant a formal complaint investigation?
- is it general feedback or an observation?
- is it within Origin’s remit and responsibility?
Validated Formal Complaints
All formal complaints are recorded in the Origin Customer Resolutions Teams page. The complaint is then reviewed by the Head of Department - Partner Services (HODPS) in the capacity of representing Customer Resolutions.
HODPS will contact the Partner/supplier to advise that a formal complaint has been received by their client.
HODPS will complete an investigation which may include communicating with other departments, including technical services, as well as external partners/suppliers involved and/or professional legal bodies such as Trading Standards, Police & Solicitors where necessary.
If more information is required from the homeowner to support the complaint, this will be requested by the HODPS directly via the Customer Resolutions team.
Once the investigation is completed, the HODPS will provide an answer to the claimant outlining findings and actions agreed. These could be, but are not limited to:
- Replacement parts issued under the terms of Origin’s Manufacturer Warranty.
- Site visit by an Origin engineer accompanied by the partner/supplier to complete a full site service report.
- Direction back to the original supplier or an alternative supplier to complete remedial work.
Where required, the complaint will be highlighted to Senior Management for approval of proposed resolution.
Note: Origin will not accept liability for any issues arising from works not carried out by Origin and parts not manufactured by Origin.
General Feedback & Observations
Origin takes any notification of unsatisfactory service provided by our Trade Partners seriously. Whist all partners work independently of Origin and we do not have an opportunity to influence their business practices, we like to feel that our partners embrace the Origin working standards we wish to achieve.
Where Origin receives a complaint from a homeowner/end-user regarding the level of service encountered, Origin will take the following steps:
- Contact the partner/supplier concerned, assuming it was a direct partner to homeowner purchase
- Advise them of the observations highlighted
- Enquire if the partner/supplier is awaiting any products from Origin claimed under the relevant warranty. If so, ensure these are provided in a time-bound manner
- Request the partner/supplier to work directly with the homeowner to find a mutual resolution
- Where deemed necessary, an Origin account manager will visit the partner in question to review their policy & practice.
If the original partner/supplier is not available, details of an alternative partner will be provided.
Note: Origin does not offer a mediation service where two (2) parties are in dispute, nor a remedial work service. Origin are the manufacturer of the frames and panels only; we do not provide, surveys, install’s or glass, unless glass is an integral part of the manufacturing process (i.e. OS-20 bonded products).
Non-Origin Related Complaints
Where a complaint is received by Origin that relates to products or services not supplied by Origin, or an Origin partner, the complaint will be rejected and the sender will be advised to contact their original supplier/installer or a governing body such as FENSA, CERTASS or Citizens Advice.
This action does not detract from the manufactures Warranty provided by Origin for products purchased and Origin will work with any supplier or installer to provide replacement parts under Warranty where the required T&C’s are met.
Complaints received that are identified to be Non-Origin Related will be responded to accordingly, advising the above information. Full information on what is covered by the Origin Warranty can be found on our website: